The number of containers on my trash fee bill is incorrect.

The City's records indicate that you have the specific numbers of city-provided trash containers at your service location. You can file a Trash Fee Change/Dispute Form, indicating the correct number of containers at your property.  This form can be found online or can be received by calling Customer Service at (413) 736-3111.  Customers may also file a dispute when they pay at the Collector's Office. 

Disputes must be filed within forty-five (45) days of the bill date to be eligible for adjustment in the current fiscal year.  Any dispute forms received after the deadline will still be reviewed, however, changes will not be effective until the following fiscal year. 

If any of your containers was stolen or is missing, you must file a police report and attach it with your form.   

The City reserves the right to inspect your property to verify the actual number of containers in use.

Page last updated:  Wednesday, August 7, 2013 03:20 pm